Godaddy upgrade to PHP5
Drupal on Godaddy upgrade PHP4 to PHP5 Solution
This step by step upgrade to PHP5 may be useful if you have godaddy hosting and still use PHP4. The new godaddy hosting plan already equip with PHP5 so you may not need to follow this step by betp upgrade to PHP5... please check your php version first...
To start upgrade your PHP to version 5 you may need to log in to Godaddy...
1. Log in to godaddy Hosting Control Center your godaddy web hosting
2. On Hosting Dashboard go to Settings -> File Extension Management and add New Extension
Add PHP extension as example...
Extension Run under
.php5 PHP 5.2x
.php PHP 5.2x
.php4 PHP 4.x
3. Then edit your .htaccess add this linine on the top of the contents
addhandler x-httpd-php .php4
addhandler x-httpd-php5 .php5
addhandler x-httpd-php5 .php
Godaddy Check PHP version
To check your godaddy hosting php version
1. Create new file and name it to something like info.php
2. Add this php code to check php versions... and upload this file (info.php) to your web hosting
3. Then open the file by type in your web url and open the info.php
keywords: upgrade php5, php5, godaddy php5, drupal php5, php info, php version